This was a recipe that started from the Damn Delicious site (recipe of the same name) SO I have to give them kudos (and Cami for finding it). I will say I was a hair skeptical at first because because, well… I like meat! but I will say after trying once, and a few modifications It was pretty good The original recipe was good too)!
- 1 cup Quinoa (cook according to the bag – 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water bring to boil, simmer for 15+ minutes)
- 1 can Enchilada sauce – red or green ( I prefer the green)
- 1 can green Chiles
- 1 Jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 2c frozen corn
- 1 can either black beans, red beans or pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Avocado diced
- 2c Colby Jack / Mexican cheese shredded
- 2c crushed corn chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375, In a mixing bowl add all the above ingredients except the cheese, avocado, and Corn chips. Mix thoroughly and place into a 8×8 or 9×12 baking dish . cover with the cheese and bake until cheese has melted and is bubbly. approx 15 to 20 minutes. Top with the Avocado and Corn chips, and serve!
With the consistency of the meal (in my opinion) you could remove the corn chips and serve as a dip with tortilla chips.