Anyone in the Food business knows the word re-purpose. And there is nothing better then twice baked potatoes. Considering the sky is the limit, here are the basics for the traditional model, but remember there are many additions such as Chili and Cheese, French onion, Cheddar and chive, Sloppy joe, and on an on.
This recipe is from scratch, however if you have left over baked potatoes just skip making the potatoes.
- 5 large Idaho bakers.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 pack of bacon ( I prefer thick cut cut peppered bacon) cooked and chopped (or bacon bits if your lazy)
- lb of your favorite shredded cheese. I prefer Pepper Jack and Colby Jack
- Green onion
Pre-heat the oven the 425, thoroughly wash and pat dry the potatoes, rub with olive oil and salt, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until done. Yes you can put them in tinfoil if you prefer.
^^^ That is how you make a baked potato..
Twice Baked recipe:
- Take the cooked potato and cut in half, use a spoon and gently scoop out the majority of the cooked potato, leaving about 1/4 inch closest to the skin and place the scooped out portion into a bowl.
- Add the butter, Sour Cream, Milk Salt and Pepper and either blend with a hand mixer, or use a potato masher.
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins, evenly.
- Cover evenly with the lb of cheese (more if you are like me)
- top with bacon bits
- Cook for approx 15 to 20 minutes, remove from the oven, and let rest 5 minutes. Top with Green onion and serve!